Thursday, April 2, 2015

All My Bags are Packed...

Packing bags for a trip is stressful enough and then to decide what you can put in that tiny ziploc baggie is another trick. With each trip I take, I do get smarter about how much I pack, and what I bring on board with me.

Here are some things that I really appreciate when I'm away from home so I always make sure they're always in that ziploc baggie or carry-on when I travel.

A few bags of herbal tea: simply ask the flight attendant for a cup of hot water.
Thieves Hard Lozenges: these are really amazing at relieving a sore throat and calming a cough. They also offer natural protection from airport cooties and help reduce sinus congestion.

Thieves Spray: This is such a convenient travel necessity - just spritz on hands or in the air to help kill virus. Because it contains Lemon essential oil, it boosts the immune system, too!

Peppermint essential oil: inhale Peppermint and experience relief from sinus pressure and head congestion. It also helps to calm upset belly or nausea associated with travel.
Lavender essential oil: as a nervous system sedative, it is great at calming, facilitating sleep and relaxing muscles. Massage 1 drop on the back of the neck and inhale a few times before settling in.
Healthy Travel Snacks (all preferably Organic)


  • Almonds
  • Apple
  • Banana
  • Cashews
  • Celery or carrots
  • Dark chocolate covered almonds or ginger
  • Figs
  • Walnuts
  • Whole grain bread or crackers with hummus or Almond Butter
I also pack an eye mask (this does wonders for tuning things out and getting some true sleep), a fleece blanket, which can be used as a pillow and relaxing music (Deva Premal, David Darling, Enya, Riley Lee).

I would love to hear what essential oils and healthy snacks you pack when you travel. Email me at organicaj@yahoo.com

Click HERE if you would like to order any of the products mentioned above.

No comments: